Back End PHP Developer
NLS is a busy and growing digital agency based in central Brighton. We specialize in making complex information easy for users to understand and interact with. We call it intelligent communication. We combine creativity, technology and analytic expertise to create simple and effective answers. We are looking for a PHP Developer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience,, and a real passion for Web Development to join the team. You will have the opportunity to work with talented, professional developers on existing and new client accounts following our company values of excellence, trust and intelligence.
- Proficient in back-end development and have the drive to get the work done
- Able to solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Recognise what you are good at and what you need to learn
- Thrive as a team player and are willing to teach and to learn
- Anticipate, predict and resolve problems before schedules are impacted.
Skills and Experience
- Proven commercial experience in software/web development within an agency environment or client side
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks, Laravel preferred
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Used to working with third-party APIs and building bespoke RESTful APIs
- Understanding of the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
- Comfortable using version control systems such as Git along with npm package manager and task runners such as Gulp
- Knowledge of object orientated PHP programming
- Experience of working with CMS’s such as WordPress and Magento an advantage
- Working knowledge of web security best practices and the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Used to designing and implementing complicated database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Numerate and literate with the ability to produce quality written specifications
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Regularly work with other developers to jointly review your own work and share best practice.
In return we can offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A twice-yearly bonus payment for all staff, based on clearly defined collective and individual targets
- A relaxed but focused working environment, with a “no-long-hours” working culture
- The chance to have your say and make a difference in how you develop, how the company develops and how we innovate and create as a team.
How to Apply
If you are interested, then email email@example.com with your CV and outline why you think you would suit the role.No agencies please